Thursday, January 24, 2013

Hold Your Own


Everyone knows about my new obsession, No Such Noise! right? Well, guess what. They have friends. Lots of friends, actually. And some of those friends just so happen to be in bands. See those 5 studly dudes up there? They're one of the bands. They call themselves Hold Your Own and they're from Voorhees, NJ!

I first saw them perform in the basement at the NSN house and decided within seconds into their second song that I wanted to interview them. I then added all the members on Facebook, became friends with Dave (far left), and in no time at all we set up a place and time for the interview!

If you're familiar with the South Jersey music scene, you may recognize some of these guys. One thing in particular that I really like about HYO is that they're all pretty young (18 and 19), but you would never know it. The way they carry themselves and the way they sound is something other local bands typically strive for, but very rarely achieve. They are 5 of the most talented people I have ever had the privilege of meeting and interacting with. HYO and NSN have given me faith in the SJ music scene again and I am truly grateful to both of them for that.

Now for the moment you've all been waiting for!
The interview was recorded in a coffee shop so I apologize for the poor audio. =/
Forgive me?
Below the interview, you'll find a BLAIRIELOUHOO EXCLUSIVE! :D
The guys were nice enough to allow me to record an acoustic version of a new song they've written for their new, full length album! (coming soon!)







I would like to thank the guys in Hold Your Own for their time and interest in my blog
and for being so great. I really think they will become some of my best friends,
just like No Such Noise! did. :]

Don't forget to go like HYO on Facebook, follow them on Twitter
and subscribe to their Youtube channel, as well as mine.
Downloads of their EP's are available on their bandcamp site
or you can buy them directly from the band members at a show!

All for now!
-BlairieLouHoo

No comments:

Post a Comment