Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Ampersand


Hello there, loyal followers! And how are you all on this fine, Wednesday evening? I'm sorry this post is so late in the day, but truthfully I didn't think I was going to be able to post at all! My macbook charger bit the dust last weekend so I've been without it all week! D: Fear not, though, for I have found way within my means to deliver you the interview I promised with those hilarious guys up there in that photo. They call themselves Ampersand and you love them already. Trust me. You do. Now this may be a little bit confusing, but the backwards hat fellow you see all the way to the right, Connor, actually isn't in this band. He has his own band, Ridgemont, which I'm sure I'll be interviewing soon (hint, hint!). The reason Connor was there is because they needed a bassist or they would not have been able to play this show so Connor, being the nice and talented person he is, stepped up and filled in and I have to tell you, he didn't miss a beat! Anyway, I basically said all of that to say this: Ampersand is looking for a full time bassist!

They posted this on their Facebook page not long ago:

"Hey everyone. We are currently in need of a permanent bassist. If you or someone you know may be interested in trying out please contact us at ampersandnj@gmail.com with the following: 

Name,
phone number,
age,
listing of your gear,
a recorded sample of your playing (if possible)
and a description of your experience as a musician.

We are looking for experienced players who know their way around the instrument with reliable gear and transportation. We are planning to do a lot this year and need someone who will take this as seriously as we do. Schedule flexibility is a must. We are looking to play out as often as possible over weekends and small tours. Must be willing and able to provide an equal share for all band expenses. We look forward to hearing from you.

P.s If you are in the Philly, NJ, DE area and wouldn't mind sharing this status it would be greatly appreciated!"

I know that very talented music lovers read and enjoy my blog so if you play the bass and would like to be the permanent bassist for Ampersand, shoot me an email at blairielouhoo@gmail.com with the above requirements and I'll pass your information along! Or, if you'd like, you can email them directly! It's as easy as that. And believe me when I say that Ampersand is a great group of guys and they deserve a great bass player. Anyone would be lucky to fill that spot. I would imagine that your practices would consist of about 70% laughter and 30% actual practicing. Also, Ampersand just reached 500 likes on Facebook, but they could use a lot more so click here to like them!

Whew! Well, now that that's all over we can get to the REAL reason you're here. The interview. Without further delay, here you are.

Enjoy!

-BlairieLouHoo




No comments:

Post a Comment